How it works

giveBack is a free and easy way to raise money for your favourite charity, just by shopping online.

  • Once you've signed up, you can browse our website for the store you want to shop with. Click 'shop now' to go to their website, then continue to shop as normal.

  • We'll then email you within 1-7 days to let you know how much you've raised.

Who can I raise money for?

  • You can support any registered charity.

  • Our charities range from big national charities to local schools, churches and social groups.

How much can I raise for my charity?

  • The donation amount varies from store to store. Most of the time you raise a percentage of what you spend - between 1% and 10% - whilst sometimes it's a fixed amount.

  • With some stores there are different rates or restrictions depending on what you buy - you can see more information on each store's page on our website.

And it's free?

  • Yes! You don't pay anything extra for your shopping, the donation is made at no extra cost to you.

  • It's also completely free for your charity. There are no joining or payment fees, so 100% of the donation will reach the charity.

When will my charity receive the donation?

  • We pay charities once a month. You can view the status of every donation within your account.

  • A donation will typically move from 'pending' to 'approved' to 'paid' over the course of a few months

Where does the donation come from?

  • As a "thank you" for sending them sales and customers, our stores pay us a commission.

  • We use this commission to make a donation to your chosen charity.

How does giveBack make money?

  • giveBack is strictly not-for-profit. Unlike other sites that keep half of your money, we donate 90% of the commission we receive - with the other 10% used to fund the on-going development of giveBack, which is free to all charities and users.